When a submission has other associated records in Data Safety, ESTR, and/or Agreements, completing the Manage Related Projects activity will connect the records across the systems so the reviewer may consider the status of associated records and any additional context of these associated records in the review.
This activity can be completed by the PI, PI Proxy, Primary Contact and members of the project team at any time in the review process.
To Manage Related Projects:
1. On the main protocol/study/agreement workspace (marked in the center as “Submission Type: Initial Protocol”), click the Manage Related Projects activity.
2. In the pop up, search for the related project by typing or pasting the its complete ID number into the search box (1). When it appears below, highlighted in yellow, click on the ID to choose the submission (2). You can also click the ellipses […] to search the list of available submissions. One or more selected project(s) will appear on the list in the pop up.
Note:You may only search for submissions to relate by their IDs.
3. Click OK to create the relationship between projects and return to the workspace.
Click on the “Related Projects” tab of your protocol workspace to view related projects. Additional details about related projects will appear, including ID, name, state, date modified, and a link to the workspace of the related project. Confirm that you have selected the correct projects on this tab.
Important! Notes about using Manage Related Projects
- Relationships between projects are bi-directional. Once you have created a relationship between projects, it will appear (within a few moments) on the “Related Projects” tab for both submissions. You do not need to manage the relationship in both places.
- You may only create relationships between two initial/main studies. Follow-on submissions (such as amendments/modifications and continuing reviews) are not available for selection.
- Project states may not update automatically. The correct state will always be displayed on the workspace of that project.
To remove a relationship between projects using the “Manage Related Projects” activity:
1. On the main protocol workspace (marked in the center as “Submission Type: Initial Protocol”), click the Manage Related Projects activity.
2. Remove projects by clicking on the “X” at the far right of the entry (1).
3.Click OK (2) to confirm the removal and return to the protocol workspace.