Study closure is appropriate when:
- the research is permanently closed to enrollment;
- all participants have completed all research-related interventions/interactions;
- collection of private identifiable information is completed, and
- analyses of private identifiable information is completed.
Under close-out status, analyses of de-identified data and manuscript preparation can occur indefinitely.
To submit a study closure request to the IRB:
- Follow the steps described to create a Continuing Review.
- Based on the contents of the submitted SmartForm, the IRB will determine the mode of review (including if study closure is appropriate).